Healthy eating men
Healthy eating men
The principles of healthy eating are quite simple: it is important to observe the optimal calorie content, monitor the balance of the diet and drink at least 1.5-2 liters of water. However, proper nutrition of a man has its own characteristics related to metabolism and hormonal profile. How to eat right in order to always be in shape, maintain and increase health?
Features of the male body
Testosterone is the main male hormone (androgen) that regulates the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. In addition, testosterone stimulates the division of red blood cells, which is why the hemoglobin level in men is higher than in women.
But these are not the main effects of androgens. These hormones determine stress resistance, the nature of the distribution of fat and muscle tissue in the body. If a sufficient amount of testosterone is produced, then a man has a normal sexual desire and normal potency, good vitality and self-esteem at the proper level. However, as soon as testosterone drops below the norm, all organs begin to suffer.
Often such a situation can be associated with a deficiency of nutrients. So, for the full synthesis of sex hormones, a sufficient amount of cholesterol reserves in the body coming from food is necessary. However, balance is also important – cholesterol should not be higher than normal. So, if a man abuses fatty foods and carbohydrates, obesity develops. In adipose tissue, male hormones are transformed into female hormones, which reduce potency and do not have a protective effect on the male body, like androgens.
It’s no secret that men have a higher metabolic rate than women. Therefore, the need for calories and vitamin-mineral compounds is also high. Sufficient energy value of food is necessary to maintain the health and normal functioning of organs and systems. It is important to correctly determine the optimal caloric content of food. To do this, take into account the age and nature of physical activity. So, for office workers under the age of 30, the caloric content of the diet should be 2400 kcal, at the age of 30-50 years – 2200 kcal and for men of the 50+ category – only 1800 kcal. However, if a man leads an active lifestyle, periodically goes to the gym or physically works, then the reduced amount of calories in the diet is increased by 300 kcal. But the caloric content of the diet can be even higher. The energy requirement increases in young men up to 3000 kcal with regular sports or when performing heavy physical labor. For men in adulthood, under such conditions, about 2300 kcal is required.
How to eat right
Meat is rightfully considered a male product. Meat contains a lot of protein and amino acids that are not synthesized by the body. The recommended average protein intake is 1-1.5 g per 1 kg of weight. However, it is important that it be high-quality natural meat, and not sausages and semi-finished products.
Vegetables, greens and fruits are the main source of fiber, vitamins, micro- and macroelements
Fats – should be present in the male diet, because they supply cholesterol to the body, which is necessary for the synthesis of testosterone. It is desirable that the bulk of fats fall on vegetable, and not on animals. The latter contain saturated fatty acids, an excess of which can be dangerous for the body. In turn, vegetable oils, nuts and seeds, as well as fish and seafood contain polyunsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 acids, which help maintain the health of the prostate gland, blood vessels, heart and nervous system.
In addition, products containing a lot of zinc, selenium, ascorbic acid, tocopherol and B vitamins are useful for men. These substances take an active part in the synthesis of testosterone and the production of sperm.
What products can be dangerous for men
In order for nutrition to benefit the male body, it is important not only to eat the right foods, but also to exclude harmful ones from the diet. The list of prohibited foods is as follows:
- Sausages, sausages, smoked meats contain a lot of hidden fats, including trans fats, and a lot of salt. Such ingredients disrupt metabolism, lead to a set of extra pounds and damage the vascular wall.
- Various types of semi-finished products. To ensure long-term storage and get more profit, manufacturers add preservatives, flavor enhancers, flavorings and other chemicals that negatively affect the work of the whole body. Therefore, instead of buying ready-made semi-finished products, spend time preparing healthy food at home using natural ingredients (meat, eggs, fish, milk, etc.).
- Sweets, muffins and various baking options. The composition of such products contains simple carbohydrates and trans fats. An excess of these substances in the body can alter the course of metabolic processes, and even contribute to the formation of obesity. In the most severe cases, atherosclerosis, type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension may develop.
Of course, alcoholic beverages fall into the list of prohibited products. On the one hand, these are extra calories, and on the other – a serious blow to the liver. In addition, beer, which many men consider a “harmless” drink, contains natural estrogens (analogues of female sex hormones). And their entry into the male body can cause a violation of erection and sexual desire, as well as lead to the deposition of fat on the abdomen.
Healthy foods should form the basis of the diet. For men, the following are considered useful:
- low-fat meat – beef, chicken, turkey, rabbit;
- fatty fish – trout, salmon, capelin, mackerel;
- fermented milk products – unsweetened yogurt, kefir, yogurt, fermented baked milk, low-fat sour cream;
- sea products – shrimp, octopus, crabs, squid;
- vegetables, herbs and fruits in any form (it is important that starch-containing vegetables – carrots, potatoes, beets – increase their caloric content after heat treatment, therefore they should be consumed in a dosed manner);
- nuts and seeds;
Following the simple rules of healthy eating every day, you will preserve your masculine attractiveness, health and strength. Website about men’s health ahealthyman.